SMITE is getting huge updates with “Project Olympus”
Starting with patch 4.13 and going all the way up to Season 5, Project Olympus will bring many changes to the game that SMITE fans have been asking a long time for. One cool feature is a new “Prestige” system which lets players level up past level 30 which is currently the cap. All of your time in SMITE after reaching level 30 will also be taken into consideration. You may log in and find out you are now level 60 or level 100.
Here is a quote about Project Olympus from Chris Larson, Executive Producer of SMITE.
“We’ve taken several key changes to gameplay, user interface, and overall progression and combined them into one massive overhaul that we are calling Project Olympus. Project Olympus is full of big changes that SMITE fans have wanted for a long time, and we are excited to deliver on these requests as we taken on SMITE to a whole new level.”
Here is a list of changes coming in SMITE patch 4.13 which will be for PC. Patch 4.15 will be mainly for console players.
- Support for DirectX 11 video cards
- 64-bit client support
- High-definition texture DLC for PC — improves the performance and visual quality of gods and maps
- Screen Percentage Graphics Support — allows players a finer control over video performance.
- Multi-Queuing for Casual Modes.
- Brand-new Wisdom Video area with 30+ tutorial videos for both new and experienced players.
- Prestige Levels – Allowing players to go from level 30 all the way to level 160!
- Triumphant Chests — This is a new system that allows players to collect chests in a systematic way for each win! Players will have the ability to speed up their acquisition of chests with favor or gems.
- Siege Map optimizations and improvements! Game rules have been revisited and map environment optimized.
- Console Notifications Log — This is a long-awaited feature that allows console players to see events that have occurred during their play session.