The Elder Scrolls Online Update on October 18 Adds One Tamriel
On October 18, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Update 12, One Tamriel, will release for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (it’s already out on PC). The biggest free update yet, One Tamriel lets you go anywhere and adventure with friends of every level.
“For the first time you’ll be able to explore any zone in Tamriel, in any order, regardless of your level or alliance,” Community Manager Gina Bruno adds. “This new open world format will help to unite guilds, factions, friends, and fans more than ever before. There’s never been a better time to log on with your existing characters, or to invite friends to experience ESO for the first time and take them along regardless of their level.”
In addition to One Tamriel, The Elder Scrolls Online Update 12 will also add the following features:
- Craglorn Re-Design — You can now solo in this group-friendly environment.
- Dungeon updates — Normal and Veteran Modes have been added.
- Dueling — Challenge your friends or foes and test your mettle in one-on-one combat.
- New Weapon Ultimates — Master your weapon of choice and get new Ultimate abilities.
- Undaunted Pledge System Updates — New daily pledges and valuable rewards.
- Itemization updates — Items will now scale to your level everywhere in the world.
Update 12 for PlayStation 4 should also add 4K PS4 Pro support, as the feature will be available alongside the new console in November.
Before One Tamriel launches, the Witches Festival will kick off on October 13. Running through November 1, this event will ask you to complete activities to earn treasures like the Hollowjack crafting motif, unique Provisioning recipes, and more. One of the event items will even grant double XP.
Looking ahead to next year, early 2017 will see the addition of the Housing system. More details are coming later this year, but for now, here’s what you can expect:
- You’ll be able to own as many houses as you like, and house ownership is account-wide.
- With Housing, we’ll also be releasing Furniture Crafting — you will be able to sell the furniture you craft to other players.
- You will be able to invite friends and guildmates to your home.
- Houses are instanced, so you don’t have to worry about grabbing the perfect spot of land.
- Your first home is free, and you will be able to purchase additional houses for gold.
- Houses are designed in different racial styles, and there are small, medium, and large varieties for each — you can own any house styles and sizes you like regardless of your character’s race.
If you want to win one of five trips to real-world locales that inspired some of the Tamriel areas, head over here to enter (it isn’t limited to just US residents).
The post The Elder Scrolls Online Update on October 18 Adds One Tamriel appeared first on PlayStation LifeStyle.