World of Warcraft Legion: Demon Hunter Pre-Patch Guide
The upcoming World of Warcraft: Legion will officially launch on August 30, and players who pre-purchase Legions will be allowed to boost one of their characters’ levels to 100 and try out the Demon Hunter class on August 9. Today we will present you some of the basics you can prepare this highly-anticipated hero class in advance.
Creating a Demon Hunter
- Demon Hunters start off at level 98 and require a level 70 character on that specific server to create one.
- Demon Hunters can only be Night Elves (Alliance) or Blood Elves (Horde). However, they can communicate cross-faction via demonic!
- Demon Hunters cannot be boosted to 100.
- Demon Hunters will have access to a Garrison, however they will have to unlock and upgrade it from scratch.
Choosing a Specialization
- Havoc is the DPS specialization:
Havoc, the DPS spec of the newly introduced Demon Hunter class in Legion is a resource based melee specialization with a focus on Global Cooldown locked gameplay with a builder spender style. It’s balanced around your ability to make the most out of your Fury pool and reacting to unpredictable gains whilst using situation specific abilities to push it further. On top of that, it has a number of mobility tools turning it into versatile spec with multiple ways of capitalizing on them.
- Vengeance is the tanking specialization:
The Vengeance specialisation is the tanking Demon Hunter specialisation. It features a mix between healing and damage mitigation, with low-cost and high-uptime active mitigation, the ability to frequently mitigate magic damage, and extremely high burst healing potential.
Gearing Up With Current Loots
When you leave the starting zone, you will be wearing a full set of 680-690 gear. This will be good enough to get you into Hellfire Citadel LFR. The Demon Hunter Artifact Weapon in Legion will be a Warglaive, but Demon Hunters can equip other types of weapons (1H axes, swords, fists), which come in handy for the pre patch. Keep this in mind when purchasing Mark of Honor weapons or seeing what Hellfire Citadel bosses have useful loot.